Planning Manager - Long Range
City of Clearwater
Clearwater, FL United States
How to Apply
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participates in and manages complex professional planning projects, research and analysis.
- Prepares planning information and presents at City Council; provides quality control for agenda items and other documents prepared by staff.
- Provides extensive and professional customer service for the general public, city staff, elected officials, and outside professionals.
- Communicates regulations clearly and concisely to lay groups and the general public; assists applicants, owners, and others through permitting and applications; disseminates information, prepares reports, and communicates extensively through the process of planning and development; participates in meetings, public hearings, pre-application meetings, and plan reviews to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Gathers, compiles, researches, and uses data for analysis and to answer Council concerns.
- Advises and represents the department and City at various internal and countywide committees, boards and stakeholder groups on planning and related issues as needed.
- Develops goals and objectives; makes work assignments; provides technical assistance, mentoring and coaching to assigned staff to accomplish goals and objectives; provides reviews, feedback, and analysis of work products.
- Participates in the selection, placement, promotion, training, appraisal, and discipline of assigned personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages, oversees, and performs extensive and large-scale planning activities for the City; recommends and prepares amendments to the Community Development Code and other City plans as needed.
- Oversees transportation planning, neighborhoods and placemaking programs; coordinates the resolution of barriers/problems to implementation with other City departments and governmental agencies.
- Manages annexations, land use plan amendments, re-zonings, development agreements, and other development applications.
- Conducts community outreach, public presentations, and other forms of citizen involvement to support long range planning projects and initiatives.